CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mustang Road Trips


One of my favorite things to do is go on a nice long road trip. Cruising the highways in the Mustang is enjoyable, and can be a lot of fun if you have some friends along with you. I've only taken one road trip in the Mustang and I hope to do it again soon.

Last summer me and some friends decided to go to Cedar Point for my best friends birthday. Cedar Point is about 7 hours from where we live, so it made for a nice trip. As many of you probably realize, Mustangs are not the most roomiest of cars. Two of my friends left early to get a head start and get the hotel early in the day, while the rest of us left later that night. There were three people riding with me. That leaves two people crammed in the back . I kind of felt sorry for them because I am only six foot and it is merly impossible for me to fit back there, let alone ride for seven straight hours.

Some how the two in the back managed to survive, and it ended up not being all that bad. The trip to Cedar Point is for the most part easy to navigate even if you've never been there before. But that's if you are driving in complete day light. We left kind of late so darkness set in about half way through the trip. After that things got a little bit interesting once we left the interstate and got on the two lane highways. I didn't want to admit it but for a little while I was just a tiny bit lost. Everything looks so intimidating at night when you have no idea where the heck you are!

I eventually got back on the right track after I had to back track for about five miles and we got there safe and sound. But it was the trip to the hotel the night after we left the park that was the most interesting. We made a last minute reservation for a hotel a little more than an hour away. But the catch was that we had to be there by midnight to get the hotel, and it was just after eleven.

Once again not knowing where I was going, we had a blast trying to find the place. We got directions there and I had to get on the ball if we were to make it. I booked it pretty much all the way there making the trip about fifteen minutes faster than what it should have taken. We were almost there, on the right track, and oh SO close when the most random thing happened. We came to a train crossing in the middle of nowhere on a country road, and there was a train just sitting on the tracks blocking the road! This could only happen to me, right?

I ended up back tracking a few miles to get around the train, and luckily I had a good sense of direction and found the highway we wanted. Now we were running a few minutes behind schedule. We arrived at about 12:05, just as the manager was walking to his car to go home. He ended up letting us get the room. We cut it really close. It would have been one huge disappointment if we were too late after all that.

Though it seems like it was a frustrating situation, we all made the best of it and had fun. Now that we look back we can laugh at ourselves. All in all it was one heck of a road trip. I am planning on taking one or two road trips this summer. One to see my grandparents and another to Florida to visit a friend. I don't know who will go with me, but as long as its me and the stang I'll be just fine.

1 comments:

Admin said...

Hi,

My name is Brian and I work for AmericanMuscle.com. I came across your site and am very interested in advertising on it. Shoot me an email at brian.cox@americanmuscle.com if your interested. Would love to discuss some options.

Thanks and look forward to your response.

Brian
AmericanMuscle.com